From its outset, the Istitût Ladin Furlan "Pre Checo Placerean" has organised translations in Friulian for public and private organisations as well as courses in Friulian language and culture for schools, adult literacy courses and professional development. In addition, it has overseen the Friulian translation of the Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights (for the Ciemen of Barcellona) and of the Statute of the Autonomous Region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia (for the Region itself).
The Istitût follows linguistic criteria established by the OLF (Osservatori pe Lenghe Furlane) and now the ARLef (Agjenzie Regjonâl pe Lenghe Furlane), and is recognised by the Region as an organisation of fundamental importance to the promotion of the Friulian language.
The primary services offered by the association are:
- - Translation from Italian to Friulian and vice versa (eventually also to/from English, Spanish and French)
- - Correction of texts in Friulian
- - Courses in language and culture for schools
- - Adult literacy courses
- - Professional development courses for teachers and public servants
- - Professional development courses on themes involving the promotion of Friulian and minority languages.
For info: firstname.lastname@example.org